5/06/2007

Sandi's Story

I
I was involved in a horrific bicycle accident that nearly took my life. Dr. West was supposed to help me and fix my leg but that’s not what happened. He seemed pissed out and smelled of alcohol. I asked him about the bandage on his head and he said he had a concussion from Water World. I persisted about how he smelled profusely like alcohol and then he said, “Oh, that’s not alcohol that’s my cologne.” I told him that it did not smell like cologne, it smelled like alcohol.

Dr. West put his uncleaned, ungloved hands inside my surgerical wound and opened it from top to bottom. He just ripped his finger through all the sutures really really fast without warning me. It was excruciatingly painful, I screamed to the top of my lungs. No one else was in the room, just me and Dr. West. As he ripped the sutures out down my leg, I passed out not only because of the pain but my entire leg was exposed and split open like a fish. The entire leg with blood and flesh were exposed. When I came to, I yelled at him, “What did you do to my leg, what did you do to my leg.” He said this is a common thing. He left the room upset and never came back.

Not too long afterwards, my leg became so humongous like a huge ball that I went to the hospital and they put a giant sponge in the wound. The wound measured at least 12 inches by 6 inches. It turned out they said I had a staph infection called, (MRSA) Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus. I was treated in the hospital for 11 months.

I know that this staph infection was caused by Dr. West. The day he ripped those sutures off of me with his bare hands and with all the blood that gushed out, it’s no wonder I had a staph infection. It turns out I will live with MRSA and the affects of it for the rest of my life. I was told once you get it, you can never get rid of it and I have to wear a leg brace for the rest of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home